Updated August 2023
Appropriate dress and good grooming are recognized as positive factors for maintaining a learning environment where students can feel safe and secure. Students are expected to show good judgment as well as respect for themselves and others. Dress and personal grooming should not present health or safety problems, cause actual disruptions of the educational process, or offend common standards of decency. The following uniform dress guidelines are to be followed by each student:
- Polo shirts - can be long sleeve or short sleeve
- No t-shirts or sleeveless shirts. All shirts must have collars
- No writing, logos, stripes, or patterns
- Pre-K students: red shirts only
- Kindergarten through 5th grade students: navy, royal blue, or white
- Any light jacket in school colors may be worn in the classroom.
- Heavy coats need to stay in lockers.
- Teachers may have students put their jacket in their locker if it becomes a distraction.
PANTS & SHORTS
- No cargo pants/shorts
- No jeans - except on special occasions
- Pants should fit properly in all areas.
- Shorts must extend below the fingertips when the child is standing with hands to their sides
- Pants/shorts should be navy, khaki, or black
- Tights/leggings should be worn under a skirt or dress not as pants alone
- All shoes need to be athletic style shoes
- No boots, sandals, flip flops, ballet shoes, shoes with a heel, dress shoes, ballet flats, rain boots
- Shoes with lights, games, or sounds are not allowed
- Any color
JACKETS & COATS
- Coats, hats, gloves, scarves, etc., must be stored in student's lockers or cubbies
- Hats, caps, curlers, sweatbands, bandanas, or scarves may not be worn within the school building unless prescribed by a physician and approved by school administration.
- Make-up is not to be worn.
- Hairstyles are to reflect uniform dress. Therefore, no extreme colors (not natural colors) are permitted.
- Sunglasses, unless prescribed by a doctor, shall not be worn to class or within the school buildings.
- Fake glasses are not allowed.
- Visible pierced jewelry shall be limited to the ear.
- Expensive jewelry is discouraged. If worn, earrings must be small. Large hoop and dangling earrings larger than a quarter are not allowed for safety reasons. Purses are not allowed to be carried during the day, they must be stored in lockers.
School Spirit Days
Friday of each week is designated School Spirit Days. Students may wear Bell spirit shirts and uniform shorts or jeans. Students and staff are encouraged to show school spirit whenever appropriate.